Friday, July 12, 2013

Something Fun!


I've been trying to think of blog topics, because my blog has been seriously neglected! I want to start blogging more, but I'm so picky about what I blog! I want it to be either interesting, informative, or fun.  I saw someone post photos on Facebook that used the CS6 Oil Painting filter and thought it was super cool! I normally don't like photos that are super photoshopped or fake looking, but there's something about these that I love. So I'm going to share some of my faves. :)

I think the filter looks so awesome on trees & nature! Like I seriously want to get this photo ordered and framed. I have a frame that will be perfect, so I will have to get on it!


And this one! It is just so fun.

I even think it looks cool on portraits! (Sometimes. Sometimes it just doesn't work at all.) But I tried it on a few portraits and think it resembles artwork in a story book or something. Do you think clients would like it? It's something I wonder! Some people probably would like the cartoon/painting look. Just because its different. Hmm!

Sometimes you can't even see the effect too well until you zoom in.

If you can't see what I mean, click on the photo so it enlarges. :)
And here are just a few personal photos of mine that I tried it with...For the heck of it.

 That's me & my boyfriend at Myrtle Beach. :)

And that's me and my boyfriend on a mountain after a nice hike.

SO! What are your thoughts? Is this super cool or is it just me? Am I crazy? Did I go overboard with the oil painting filter? Do you think clients would like the occasional watercolor portrait of their child to hang up? Is it a trend that will be soon be lame? ;)
Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! Hope you enjoyed seeing my little editing experiment. Now go try it for yourself if you havn't already!





No comments:

Post a Comment